Friday, April 1, 2016

STARTING OVER...YET AGAIN.

Once upon a time, on a different URL, I wrote about beauty, food, shopping, life, and well, a little bit of everything. My then 23 year old self blogged to express, and maybe even to impress, but mostly to paint myself a picture of what I wanted my life to be. But as we all know, things aren't always as they seem, and more often than not, what we see on social media is only a snippet of what's really going down in real life.

I was not happy. To be brutally honest, the year I blogged was the most miserable year of my life. So miserable that I could barely pull myself out of bed and away from my laptop. Blogging was my escape from the real world and all the real crap I was dealing with. It was the one place I could hide behind my product reviews and OOTDs, and revel in praises and kind words of readers. Words of acceptance and encouragement that I only wished I had in real life as well. While I hid behind my photos and words, truth was, my life was falling apart.

But before this gets any sappier, let's just say that things happen for good reason. It's true what they say, "things fall apart so that better things can fall together". And fast forward to 6 years after my last entry on that blog, here I am, ready to start over, yet again. THIS TIME, FROM A GENUINELY HAPPY PLACE. =)

Welcome to my new beginning! My name is Mikki Roque, aka Mikiro. I am a single mom to a beautiful and intelligent 8 year old. I work a full time day job in marketing, and sell jewelry on the side. This is where I'll be sharing little snippets of what I love: beauty and bling, fashion and food, shopping and crafting, and a little bit of everything.


'Til next!

No comments

Post a Comment