Wednesday, April 27, 2016

#FRUGALFINDS | PLUS SIZE SHOPPING AT THE ATTIC!

Ok, let's face it. Plus sized shopping is not easy. There aren't that many retailers out there offering trendy and affordable clothes for the curvy Pinay. Local brands do nothing. Sizes tagged as L or XL still fit all wrong. Either the bust part is too tight, but the sleeves run loose, or the bodice fits right, but oops, the top's too short. Sure there are a few local boutiques that cater to plus sized ladies, but the styles they carry usually look old and matronly. Since I put on a truck load of extra Mikki to love, I've realized that the only way I can get myself a nice wardrobe is by shopping for imported brands where sizes run a bit bigger, and styles are actually still on trend. That, unfortunately, even when on sale, doesn't come without a hefty price tag.

Then there's the option of ukay-ukay, which by the way, I used to love! I remember I could rummage in stores for hours on end, hopeful to score something worthy of whatever money I had. These days though, I can never find the time, and the thought of digging through racks and piles of dusty fabric just doesn't seem as appealing as it used to.

So for a while, I resorted to the sometimes overpriced mall brands, waiting for end of season sales and double mark downs for my clothes. I have over 2 years experience working in fashion merchandising so I have a pretty good idea of how much things actually cost, and NO, i will not pay full price for anything. Pikat.

And then lo and behold I came across a Cebu-based online shop that sells preloved US branded apparel at pocket friendly prices! Everything from T-shirts, knits, pullovers and cardis, shorts, dresses and even swimwear, with sizes ranging from small to extra extra large! The answer to every plus size Cebuana's prayers: ATTIC FINDS- Cebu! Dawny, you are a Godsend. <3
I've been shopping from the Attic since January of this year, and look at the awesome stuff I've scored so far! For P50-P300, you can get items from brands such as Forever 21, H&M, Merona, Ann Taylor, Gap, Banana Republic and more! All items are in excellent condition, and if you're lucky you might even score items complete with tags and stickers!
 Look! Michael Kors cardi for just P280!
 Second dress still had the tag and sticker!
Coach bikini still had the tag and sanitary sticker!

Be sure to check out Attic Finds here:
https://www.facebook.com/attic.finds.9?fref=ts

Be quick, ladies! Items sell out just minutes after they are posted!


Peace & Love!

No comments

Post a Comment