Saturday, April 23, 2016

#FIVEFAVES | PINK LIPSTICKS

 Hey there lipstick lovers! Here's another #FIVEFAVES post, this time on my favorite PINK lipsticks! This was a bit hard for me to do since I haven't been a fan of pink lippies in a while. I'm partial to either nudes or reds, but going through my stash, I did find some pinks that I gravitate towards on days I'm feeling pabebe. LOL This entry, by the way, I'm doing in collab with VA guru and fellow mommy-blogger, Leeyan of leeyan.net! Make sure to check out her top five pink lippies post as well!

MAC Pink Nouveau
Finish: Satin
The iconic and ever popular Pink Noeveau from MAC, the pioneer in pinks! This is the pinkest lipstick I own apart from my Stila Loves Barbie Lipglaze (which would have made the list, by the way, if it wasnt a glossy finish). Despite being a bright light pink, Pink Nouveau is surprisingly very wearable.

Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream "Milan"
Finish: Matte
Milan was the first Nyx SMLC I ever bought. This shade is described as a "mid-tone-blue toned pink". Mid-tone it is. Blue-toned? I'm not so sure. I think it's a nice NEUTRAL pink that works for an everyday effortless look.

Colourpop Lippi Stix in "Lumiere"
Finish: Matte
Ok, I have to admit, I bought this because I am a huuuuuge fan of @KathleenLights! But of course, I ended up loving the color anyways. Lumiere is a dusty mauve-pink with a matte finish. This is definitely a shade of pink I wouldn't at all mind wearing often! 

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in "Berry Smoothie"
Finish: Semi-glossy
THIS is LOVE! I know, I know, it's all about matte lips these days. But have we all forgotten how it looks and feels to have soft, smooth, JUICY lips? The Revlon Lip Butters are like your lip balm's sexy older sister. Pigmentation is really good, and the formula is just awesome. I have this in four different shades, and if there were more colors available (and on sale), I would definitely purchase more!

MAC Magic of the Night Lipstick in "Please Me"
Finish: Matte
Please Me is described as a "muted, rosy-tinted pink", another one of those great for everyday shades. And the packaging!!! Need I say more?


Swatches:
From Left to Right:
  • MAC Pink Nouveau
  • Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream "Milan"
  • Colourpop Lippi Stix in "Lumiere"
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in "Berry Smoothie"
  • MAC Magic of the Night Lipstick in "Please Me"

So those were my top 5 favorite pink lipsticks! Now head on over to Leeyan's post to see what lippies made it to her list! ;)

This is Leeyan! Click HERE to check out her blog. ;)

Peace & Love!

2 comments