Thursday, April 28, 2016

HEALTHCARE FOR THE BUSY MOMMY: MY POCKET DOCTOR!

I'm not usually a klutz, but I do have my clumsy moments here and there. (Like last Saturday when I slipped on the sidewalk while walking to a pizza place. What? I was hungry! LOL) I also happen to be one of those people who can never find the time to see a doctor when I need to. The traffic, long queues, hours and hours of waiting at the clinic lobby when I could be doing something more productive, are just some of my major pet peeves. Hate to say it, but I too, am one of those middle class Pinoys who leave my personal healthcare at the bottom of my prio list. Sometimes, getting the care I need is just too costly--- both financially, and time-wise. Hasol ba.

Late last December, I had another one of my clumsy moments while we were busy party prepping for New Year's Eve. I sprained my ankle, and welcomed 2016 with a swollen foot. Wootwoot! Of course, given my dislike for hospitals, and my utter refusal to get myself checked, I turned to warm and cold compress and Efficacent Oil. LOL

Fast forward to over three weeks later, the swelling on my foot did not go down, and I was still limping my way to work everyday. Stubborn little me still didn't want to see a doctor. Wala lang, kapoy. Haha

Thankfully, my BFF introduced me to what I like to think of as the Uber of Healthcare: My Pocket Doctor! My Pocket Doctor by Mediaxes Inc. is he first ever telemedicine app in the Philippines. In a nutshell, it's healthcare without the long lines and wasted time! Access to a real, live, and LICENSED medical professional anytime, anywhere, 24/7! AMAZEBALLS.

Sitting right at my desk, I took the little scratch card, logged on to their website and requested for a medical consultation. I was asked to type in a short description of my complaints/symptoms, and was even able to upload a photo of my swollen foot! A few minutes later, I got a phone call from Ramer, a Registered Nurse, and he asked me more details about the injury while updating the consultation notes on my profile online. He told me he would endorse me to one of the Physicians for further assistance.

Shortly after speaking to Nurse Ramer, I got a call from Dr. C. Bautista-Palogod. She already knew the details of my complaint and probed further for a few minutes, confirming the information endorsed to her, and asking me to rate the pain. After our conversation, which lasted about 10 minutes or so, she told me it was nothing more than an inversion ankle sprain, but that I did need to take medication to calm the swelling and relieve the discomfort. My medical certificate and prescription were then sent to me via email. And that was that! So easy!

My Pocket Doctor is perfect for busy moms like myself. Now, getting the healthcare I need is as easy as logging in and requesting for a medical consultation! And even if you're still one of those people who won't prioritize your own health care, I'm pretty sure you have someone in your life you could use this for. Be it your son or daughter, siblings, parents, or significant other! I definitely see myself using this service again, should the need arise. Be sure you check this out, guys. God forbid you need a doctor, this will save you time, money, effort and energy in getting the medical assistance you and your family needs.

The My Pocket Doctor app is available for FREE through the App Store and Google Play.

Don't have a smart phone? You can request a consultation through their website, or by sending an SMS to 29290 362 867 (29290-doctor).

Registration is FREE, guys! Upon registering, My Pocket Doctor records your medical profile and history such as your blood type, allergies, pre-existing conditions and securely stores all this information to ensure you get the best treatment from My Pocket Doctor's healthcare professionals when you need it. 

You may register for FREE at this link:

For inquiries and more information on My Pocket Doctor, please click HERE.


Peace & Love!

No comments

Post a Comment