Monday, April 4, 2016

THE MIKIRO STORY

Growing up, I have always loved accessories. As a child, I remember making friendship bracelets out of embroidery thread and beads and selling them to my classmates or giving them away as presents. In college, I would join bazaars selling my handmade jewelry made of fresh water pearls, semi precious stones and plated metals.

I officially started my online business in 2013 under the brand "Mikiro" after gaining some exposure and experience in the retail industry, working as a buyer for a chain of department stores in the Philippines. Mikiro sold trendy fashion accessories at pocket-friendly prices, with items ranging from P75 to P275 a piece. Apart from selling online, Mikiro was also a consignor at The Chillage, an urban lifestyle store in Mandaue, Cebu.
As I got a bit older and wiser, I realized the ridiculous amount of money I had been spending on fashion accessories that even with proper care didn't last very long. Even the trendier, "imported" pieces from retail brands found in malls, aren't the best in quality. They don't come cheap either. After a while, you realize you've spent a great deal of money on jewelry you can no longer even wear.

As my taste in jewelry "matured", I decided it was time for Mikiro to grow with me as well. You know what they say, "sell what you love!". So in 2015, Mikiro got a makeover. Now, I sell 100% genuine, brand new (and pawnable) jewelry at 40% less than what you'd buy them for at Jewelry shops in the mall.

I'm probably my best customer, too. LOL! Even if I don't get to buy items as often as I would if I stuck to the cheaper, non-pawnable kind, I realized it's wiser to invest in genuine gold jewelry that will never go out of style. These wearable investments can be passed down to my daughter, too!❤

Here are just some of the gorgeous pieces available at my online store:
14k Italian Gold Bracelets and Charm Bangles

14K Italian Gold Earrings

14K Italian Gold Rings

These and more, at MIKIRO! Be sure to check out our newest uploads at https://www.facebook.com/mikiro888/

'Til Next!

No comments

Post a Comment