Friday, May 6, 2016

#FIVEFAVES | DESIGNER TO DEPARTMENT STORE FRAGRANCES!

When it comes to scents, I tend to be very loyal. When I find one I love, I can wear it for the rest of my life and never really bother with anything new. This is probably why 4 out of the 5 scents you'll be reading about here are ones that smell pretty similar to each other! My favorite high end perfume hands down has to be Viva La Juicy, so if you love that perfume as well, you'll probably want to read on to find out what more affordable scents pass as dupes! (By the way, I can already tell this is going to be challenging to write. I'm good with colors, but this is the first time I'm gonna be writing about SMELLS. Expect to read the same words over and over. HAHA)

1. Viva La Juicy
Top Notes: juicy mandarin and wild berries
Mid Notes: honeysuckle, gardenia, jasmine
Base Notes: amber, caramel, praline, sandalwood, vanilla

When I was younger, I always gravitated to the "fresher" more citrus-y and fruity smelling colognes. I lived most of my high school life obsessed with Bath & Body Works Cucumber Melon, and to be honest, anything melon-scented still has my heart. I was never really drawn to "warmer" scents, but after I was gifted with Viva La Juicy in 2012, I was hooked! Since then, I started getting more and more into the more grown up smelling perfumes --- warm, sweet, and sexy but with just the right balance of fruity and floral.

2. Bath & Body Works Pink Chiffon
Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Peach, Pear. Wild Berries
Mid Notes: Jasmine, Tiare Flower, Apple Blossom, Water Lily
Base Notes: Musk, Sandalwood, Heliotrope, Coconut, Orchid, Vanilla

Ok, so Pink Chiffon isn't exactly a dupe of VLJ... Think of it as Viva La Juicy's younger, sweeter, cousin. They do have a lot of common notes like mandarin, berries, jasmine, sandalwood and valnilla, but Pink Chiffon is definitely sweeter and more pa tweetums. Hahaha! Pink Chiffon is veryyyyy feminine and flirty, it's sweet but not overpowering.

3. Victoria's Secret Sexy Little Things Noir Tease
Top Notes: Pear, Mandarin, Litchi, Red Apple
Mid Notes: Gardenia, Sweet Pea, Jasmine, Freesia, Magnolia
Base Notes: Vanilla, Benzoin, Musk, Praline, Amber, Sandalwood

Now this one, to me, smells a lot like VLJ, just a bit.....soapier? The notes they have in common are gardenia, vanilla, praline, amber and sandalwood which are mostly the base notes. Noir Tease comes pretty darn close, it just happens to be a tiny bit less lush than VLJ, not quite as warm and sexy. Also not quite as sweet.

4. Red Logo Superstar
Here's another fragrance that smells extremely similar to VLJ and VS Noir Tease! The BFF gifted me with this two years ago, and after that, I hoarded like a crazy woman! It's been a while though, and I wonder if this is still even available. I remember Red Logo Superstar was P595 per bottle, but you could get it on sale for just P299! Similar notes to VLJ, this one opens with blood orange and wild berries, has mid notes of what I think is gardenia, and base notes of vanilla and a very light musk.

5. HerBench WaterLily Pear
I started using this body spray in high school, and have been using this non-stop ever since. That's about fifteen long years! Herbench Waterlily Pear is different from all the other scents in this blog post. This one is light, girly, and very very fresh, the perfect combination of floral and fruity! Unlike the other fragrances I talked about, this one isn't warm or musky at all. It is straight up waterlily and pear: refined, lightly sweet, and a tiny bit citrus-y, This one is a steal at just PHP 120 per bottle, so you really won't feel bad if you spray away all day. And because this smells sooooo good, trust me, you'll want to!

What are your favorite fragrances? Let me know!

Peace & Love,



No comments

Post a Comment