Wednesday, May 11, 2016

#FIVEFAVES | NUDE LIPSTICKS UNDER PHP500!

No matter what brand, formula or collection, I have always been fond of nude lipsticks! I think they are the little black dresses of cosmetics, something you can take from day to night, from office to party, from girly to glam, all depending on what the rest of your makeup looks like. In my personal collection, I have more nudes lipsticks than any other color family, so it was really hard to pick just five of my favorites. In this #FIVEFAVES, I decided not to include any high end brands and just give you my top five drugstore faves, which also happen to be dupes for more expensive items.

1. Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in "Bare It All"
Finish: Matte
PHP 148 plus shipping | http://www.theprimppad.com/

There were months when I used this shade every single day! Bare It All is a nice peachy nude with a bit of brown. Almost a spot on dupe for MAC's Velvet Teddy!

2. Nyx Liquid Suede Liquid Lipstick in "Sandstorm"
Finish: Matte
PHP 390 | Nyx Stores / SM Beauty Department

The formula on the Liquid Suede line is amazing. They aren't as transfer-proof as the other liquid lipsticks out there that seem to dry down like cement, so they are much more comfortable on the lips. I also noticed that a layer of lip balm on top after 4 hours of wear is enough to "refresh" the look on your lips. I've read that Sandstorm is a good dupe for the oh-so-popular Kylie Lip Kit in Dolce K, as well as Jeffree Star's Celebrity Skin, and Dose of Colors Matte Lipstick in Truffle!

3. Colourpop Lippi Stix in "Aquarius"
Finish: Creme
USD 5.00 or about PHP 280 | http://colourpop.com/

And again, another fan-girl purchase. I LOVE Kathleen Lights and this one of the lip colors she created for Colourpop. Aquarius is a soft pink nude with a rich creme finish. Pigmentation on this is perfect and it has just the right amount of sheen to keep your lips looking healthy and avoid looking, well, dead. haha

4. Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in "Brown Sugar"
Finish: Semi Gloss
PHP 280 (on sale) | Watsons / SM Department Store / Metro Department Store

Brown Sugar is unlike any other lip product I own because it does have a tiny bit of shimmer. Amazing part is that despite the shimmer, it has absolutely no sandy or gritty feel to it! Glides on like butter and keeps your lips hydrated! I'm thinking of doing a separate post for just these lip butters because I love them sooooo much! I mentioned the Berry Smoothie one in my Five Fave Pink Lipsticks post, too.

5. L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in "Beige Sienna"
Finish: Creme
PHP 400 (on sale) | Watsons / SM Department Store / Metro Department Store

Beige Sienna is a soft, dusky nude with a hint of pink in it. This is also one of those shades that are perfect for everyday. Color pay off is good, although not quite as solid as a matte lipstick would be. If you have naturally pigmented lips, or maybe you're more on the morena side, you might need to use a lip base or lip liner to make the color on this really pop. On fairer skin however, Beige Sienna is perfect. And well, I have to admit, the packaging is what really got me on this one! 


Swatches:
From Left to Right:
  • Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in "Bare It All"
  • Nyx Liquid Suede Liquid Lipstick in "Sandstorm"
  • Colourpop Lippi Stix in "Aquarius"
  • Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in "Brown Sugar"
  • L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Beige Sienna
What are your favorite nude lippies? Anything you think I should try?

Peace & Love,

No comments

Post a Comment