Saturday, April 16, 2016

#FIVEFAVES | DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION FOR OILY/COMBINATION SKIN

When you have oily, and at times problematic skin like me, it's hard to find your #forever foundation! So when it comes to makeup bases, I look for coverage, length of wear, and oil control, and am loyal to only a few brands and types. Here are the top 5 drugstore foundations that I've stuck with through the years.
#5: Naturactor Cover Face Concealer Foundation
Shade: #140
PHP 450 (bought from a friend with a relative in Japan)
Number of times repurchased: 2x

Naturactor's CFCF is my go to for days when I can't be bothered applying my foundation with tools other than my fingers. This blends easily on well moisturized skin and dries to a powdery finish. It isn't as long wearing as the other foundies on my list but I doubt that it claims to be anyways. I think this is perfect for those lazy days or when you need to go out for quick errands. If you work longer hours, a good setting powder should help extend the wear time on this.
#4: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation
Shade:#842 Medium Beige
PHP 700+ | SM Department Store
Number of times repurchased: 1x

This foundie claims to have the benefits of a primer, foundation, and concealer all in one. This has a really silky and smooth texture to it, and I would have loved it even more if it was a tiny bit lighter and less orange. This foundation has SPF 20 which I appreciate since I'm not very religious with my sunblock.
#3: Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
Shade: #100 Ivory
PHP 348 | theprimppad.com
Number of times repurchased: 2x

The coverage on this foundation is quite amazing, and the the texture is incredibly moussy and creamy. On me, this wears for a full 8 hours, even more. With zero touch ups within the day! The only downside, I find is that is by no means a lightweight foundation. You for sure will feel like you have something on your face. The shade ivory is a tiny bit too cool-toned for me, but nothing that can't be corrected with a bit of face powder. 
#2: CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation
Shade: #120 Nude Beige
PHP 400+ SM Department Store | Metro Department Store
Number of times repurchased: 4x 

This one is perfect for summer and perfect for oily skinned girls! Because it's an oil free foundie, it feels almost like gel on the skin! The cover and wear time on this is pretty unbeatable for the price, too! On me this wears for an entire day at the office, no touch-ups in between. 

#1: Revlon Colorstay Foundation
Shade: #180 Sand Beige
PHP 900+ | SM Department Store/Watsons/Metro Department Store
Number of times repurchased: 20x?

This has been my HG foundation since 2008! And I have repurchased it almost every 3-4 months since the first time I ever tried it. I have yet to find another drugstore foundation that can withstand sweat, tears, swimming, and the extreme summer weather in the Philippines! This foundation also has the best coverage, oil control and wear-time I've seen in a drugstore foundation, and has been my hero through the monster break out phases.

Here's a swatch of all 5 on the back of my arm, For reference, I am a MAC NC 25.
Left to Right:

Revlon Colorstay Foundation

CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation
Naturactor Cover Face Concealer Foundation

What are your favorite foundations? Anything you think I should try?

Peace & Love!

1 comment

  1. I do not like matte foundations (such as MAC Prolongwear or Loreal Infallible). I have dry skin so they look patchy and cakey on me. I prefer a dewy finish (like Loreal True Match Lumi) or a satin finish.

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete